Monday, August 20, 2007

Week of July 30, 2007

Mon. We skipped therapy today. We MUST find a van. We had a doctor appt. first, then went looking. We found a GREAT van. It's a mini-van, with only 39,000 miles on it.It was pricier than we really wanted, but mobility vans don't come cheap. This one should last a long time, without big problems. We drove it home tonight, and will finalize everything tomorrow. I'm having MAJOR skin trouble, too, but there's little time to deal with it right now. Soon, I hope.
Tue. We had W/T with Jill again. She said there was 150% improvement. Terry sees a challenge and works to meet it!! God gave him so much determination! After therapy, we went to the bank, then to finalize arrangements on the van. We noticed a couple of small glitches, which will be taken care of Thu. I'm pretty miserable with itching,etc., so I'll call tomorrow to try to take care of that.
Wed. I called and saw the Dr. early this AM (Mandy stayed with Dad).I'm apparently having an allergic reaction to something. To get past this "storm", she gave me Prednisone. I hope it works! We had O/T and P/T later. David(P/T) said they all thought we should change our schedule so that we have three days of W/T, and the other two days of O/T. W/T seems to be the most effective right now.We won't have P/T at all for awhile.
Thu. The Prednisone has me WIRED! I hope it also clears my skin. Mom came again today. We got a fair amount done. Unfortunately, there was an accident on I-70 that caused traffic in town to be totally tied up, and it took Mom two and a half times as long to get home as usual!!! She handled it well, though, praying for those in the accident, and just taking it easy.
Jimmy took the van for it's small repair problems. They gave him a loaner car and said they'd call when it was ready. Unfortunately, it wasn't ready that night, so we're out a van until it's done.
Fri. I was awake, itching, until 4:30 AM. I called and found there were some things I could take to relieve that.
I also called Senior Services to arrange transport to W/T. I hate to miss ANY therapy. Later, we found out we wouldn't have the van until SAT.!!! Another day spent waiting....
Sat.We babysat again. Also, my skin IS clearing. PRAISE GOD!!! I'm not sure I could have stood it much longer. We ran some errands after we got the van back, then had showers, etc. to get ready for tomorrow.
Sun. Mark asked me to tell of my encounter with God(or one of them) at church today. That's what he's currently preaching about. He also asked Terry to do the morning prayer. We prayed that God would give us His words and use it all for His glory. All went well, and our nerves didn't show. We got a nap after church, then I cooked a roast on the grill for dinner. YUM!!!

No comments: