Monday, August 20, 2007

Week of July 23, 2007

Mon. We had water therapy today. The therapists are taking turns so far with Terry, so they see a lot of improvement. This is VERY encouraging to us!
Tue. They had Terry use the walker in W/T again today. It has special arm-rests, so Terry's using the strength in his upper arms. He walked the length of the pool today!After therapy, we couldn't get the van to start. I had to get us home, as well as arranging a tow. Thankfully, Senior Services took care of the ride. The whole thing is discouraging, though. Our mechanic delivered it, ready to go a little later. We wanted to go look at other vans. When we made a short stop, it was hard to start, AGAIN!!! It will have to go back in. Unfortunately, it had to be towed AGAIN!!! We'll have to arrange that in the Morning. HARD day!!
Wed. We had the van towed, then were stuck home. We had hoped to help with the NCMP Race for Riley.
Best laid plans.......
Thu. Mom came today. She's offered her Thursdays to help me organize. It seems I'm having trouble finding my house under all of the STUFF!!! We worked for several hours, while I was right here to help Terry.We did get a good start on things. We got the van back, but I don't trust it much. We'll be praying for guidance.
Fri. In W/T today, Terry walked the length of the pool and back! Then he immediately "swam/floated" the length and back. His strength and endurance are improving! We had O/T (hand) after lunch.
Sat. Babysitting again.Yeah! It's so nice to get back into that a little. We've missed that closeness. Arlyne and family came for dinner.
Sun. At church, a good friend offered to be at my service on Fridays. I've had so MANY offers of help in different ways, I'm VERY blessed! I haven't figured out how to use all of the offers, but one day soon, I'm going to try.

No comments: