Monday, May 7, 2007

Day 82 - May 6, 2007 Sunday Part 2

Lynn's second cousin Sierra wrote a composition about Terry for one of her classes. Here it is:


My Hero

After a lot of thought I came up with who my hero is. It's not my parents, or a superhero, or even anyone famous. My hero is just a regular person. It also just happens that this man is married to my mother's cousin. His name is Terry Adams.

Terry is my hero because he did something most people wouldn't. It was Valentines Day of 2007. It had been snowing pretty badly. Terry was driving home when he saw that someone had gone off the road. It turned out to be a young mother. Terry had pulled over to help out. He was talking to the young girl's uncle, trying to figure out how to get her car out of the median, when a car hit him.

Terry lost his left leg a few inches below the knee. He broke his left arm, broke his back, broke his pelvic bone, and his lung collapsed. He also lost a lot of fluids. Luckily the girl's uncle was a paramedic. When he got to the hospital, not many people believed he would live. But, against all odds, he did. They ended up amputating his leg a few inches above the knee. And he spent quite a while in the hospital.

His wife Lynn, who has been with him every step of the way, is having the house re-modeled. But until then, he has to stay in a nursing home. Terry is doing well. and says if he could go back, he'd do it all over again. He has many people praying for him, and many angels watching over him.

This is my hero. He may not have any super powers, but he has a super-loving heart. I wish him all the best luck to the many years still ahead of him. And hope he knows how much we all love and care about him.

1 comment:

sweetpea7852000 said...

I'm happy you liked that. I had been reading the posts on here and I was sitting in class working on the rest of the portfolio. Everything I wrote just kinda popped into my head. Lynn and Terry.. If you read it I hopped you liked it too. Love you all. Sierra....